Entries OPEN for Serengeti Video of the Year 2022
2022 Serengeti Video of the Year Entries are open.
The video of the year competition runs from 1 June until 30 May every year in the Serengeti. Share your best nature and wildlife videos from the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania and stand a chance to win $1,000 in cash or Serengeti bed nights at Great Migration Camps. These videos capture incredible moments from the Serengeti National Park, videos that many of our viewers would never otherwise see, in a place they may only dream of visiting – the iconic Serengeti.
The Serengeti National Park is home to the Great Wildebeest Migration, & as these videos represent, home to many more beasts in the wild as well! These wildlife videos capture the spirit of the Serengeti. Submit your Entry for Serengeti Video of the Year and stand a chance to win in 2022. Thanks to Conservation Through Tourism for the project & to Serengeti Show Live for bringing wildlife video to mainstream social media.
Winner of Serengeti Video of the Year 2021
The winning video is by popular view. It comes as no surprise that the winning videos have been captured by first class wildlife safari guides, who work in the Serengeti. Wildlife footage & videos are challenging to capture as wild animals are unpredictable. Wildlife doesn’t take model direction in the bush and you can’t force wildlife to do what you want to get your shot. You CAN do your best to anticipate their movements, so guide knowledge, vehicle positioning and a lot of time and patience are the secrets to the success of the winning Serengeti videos.
See the Top 3 Serengeti of the Year Videos of the 2021 season in the blog below.
Congratulations to Michael Thomas.
His video of life on the plains and the difference in feeding patterns between lion and hyena is the 2021 WINNER of Serengeti Video of the Year. Congratulations to the our highly mentioned videos – match watch scenes from the Serengeti. Click the image below to watch Serengeti Video of the Year 2021.
Guidelines to enter Serengeti Video of the Year 2022
- Footage should be taken in the Serengeti National Park in 2022.
- All footage used in your video must be your own.
- You need to submit your entry via Whatsapp so the length should be between 10 seconds and 3 minutes.
- Video quality is not a barrier to entry, however stable videos in 1080 p tend to fare better. It’s the content that counts.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- There is no charge to submit an entry.
- By submitting your video, you agree to being published.
- The best entries each are showcased on social media monthly.
How to enter Serengeti Video of the Year 2022
- Send your wildlife video captured in the Serengeti via Whatsapp to +255759756 814
- Give us your name & where & when you filmed the subject.
- Sharing your social media handles make it a little easier for us for us to tag you.
- We suggest you like our pages to view amazing wildlife video content & updates from the bush.
Serengeti Video of the Year 2022 Prizes
- Winning video gets US$1,000 in cash
- OR an 3-night safari for two people at Great Migration Camps
(*T’s & C’s apply. Excludes Park Fees, Transfers, Domestic Flights)
Ethical Wildlife Videography
- The welfare of the animal is more important than any video.
- We should always be conscious of our actions in the field and the potential impact on wildlife & habitat.
- Only moving footage of natural occurrences in the Serengeti National Park will be considered.
Wildlife videography can be a double-edged sword.
- Incredible wildlife videos can be the best allies for the conservation and preservation of wild landscapes and animals.
- Conversely altering animal behaviors (e.g., chasing or baiting) to get an iconic video may have serious consequences for the dynamics of the ecosystem, or the animals individual risk.
We encourage truth in captioning. In today’s highly digitized world, geolocation data, pulled from publicly shared image files can be used illicitly. Do be mindful of endangered species.
Photographic and Videography Serengeti Safaris
Get in touch, on email@example.com and join us in the Serengeti with your camera.