Serengeti National Park, Great Migration Update
Migration Update from the Serengeti, things are picking up speed now with the western herds reaching Seronera valley. The wildebeest herds have moved quickly across the plains the last few weeks. The Eastern herds are also on the move north, so the migration is still a bit scattered, with some small pockets still in the south. Great Migration Camps is following them best we can on a daily basis!
Travel confidence is building and in March 2022, a travel advisory from the Govt of Tanzania reduced travel restrictions for travellers. That’s good news for those hoping to visit the Serengeti to see the great migration river crossings on the Mara River, this season. If you plan to visit – book soon- people are starting to travel & the great migrations is a bucket list item.
Tanzania Entry Requirements (Covid-19) for visitors to the Great Migration
- Online Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Travelers should follow airline protocol for travel to and from Tanzania.
- Fully vaccinated – exempt from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements. Present valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification.
- Not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, ineligible for vaccination for visitors to the Great Migration
- A negative COVID-19 Rt-PCR or NAATs certificate with QR code within 72 of departure.
- Health screening procedures are in place at airports and other ports of entry- with Rapid Antigen Testing on arrival. ($10 – for your own cost). Those eligible should are advised to book and pay online to avoid queues
- There are no quarantine measures, curfews or restrictions on movement in place.
- If found positive, there will be a PCR confirmation test & self-isolation required (own cost)
Covid Travel Security: if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days, and up to 24 hours prior to departure, you will get a travel credit.
Book now to see the Great Wildebeest Migration: email@example.com
Follow our migration updates from the Serengeti National Park here: Great Migration Updates